Question: With mobile use becoming ubiquitous, is mobile device management (MDM) best delivered as part of a broader management and security platform, or is it sufficient to have simply a standalone MDM tool? Its a relevant question and one which will indicate the future of companies like Good Technology.
Good Technology has raised a massive amount of cash nearly $300 million it has also been acquiring widely. The list of companies it has snapped up is extensive:
- Macheen a company delivering mobile broadband and connected services across multiple devices
- Fixmo a company delivering a risk management tool for mobile management
- BoxTone another enterprise mobility management company
- AppCentral a mobile application management vendor
- Copiun a PC backup company
- CloudSync another MDM vendor
- Intercasting a messaging platform
- HeySan a mobile messaging service
Thats a huge list of acquisitions and one which points to good technology trying to build out a very broad platform that covers all points in the mobile lifecycle not simply device provisioning and de-provisioning. “Read more”
Comments are closed.